Rancho del Saltillo
Details for Rancho del Saltillo
Summary of Rancho del Saltillo
This turnkey hunter’s paradise is a completely high fenced ranch consisting of only two pastures. Headquarter pasture is 100 +/- acres with a low fence and cattle guard to provide separation from the larger hunting pasture. This ranch property is in a much-sought-after area known for its mature mesquites and soils, which are primarily sandy loam to clay. This ranch property maintains an excellent improved genetics mainframe white-tailed deer herd supplemented with various breeds of exotics. Property has a year round feeding program using corn and various types of protein. This ranch is well watered having 7 ponds scattered throughout the ranch to minimize wildlife and livestock from having any additional stress to find daily quality drinking water. The property is NON-MLD and has an existing Ag Exemption for livestock.
LOCATION: Located in southern Jim Wells County. 7.8 miles west of Hwy 281 on FM 2295 and then southwest on CR 440 near La Bandera, TX. The property is situated 12 miles due west of the Kleberg County Municipal Airport and 21 miles due west of Kingsville, TX.
Headquarters Improvements: All structures have Galvalume metal roofing & foamed walls.
- Main House - Still under construction (90 days to completion once resumed). 6600 sq ft - House plans can be found in "Helpful Files".
- Office - Main centralized communications hub for entire headquarters campus. 700 sq ft - wifi coverage of entire headquarters campus from office. Also has detached 30’ x 22’ two car, open air , covered garage parking
- Guest Hotel - Consists of four(4) individual 1 bedroom - 1 bathroom apartments. Each apartments has its own on demand water heater and AC unit. Hotel also has a laundry room.
- Game Room - Consists of full kitchen and 1/2 Bath. 2000 sq ft, multiple flat screen connections on walls, gathering place for entertaining guests.
- Outdoor covered entertainment area with firepit
- 50' X 30' Covered headquarters parking with 12" x 12" upright timbers. Also home to an enclosed ice machine.
- Cleaning shed with walk-in cooler, external stainless sink, and 1/2 bathroom
- 20,000 gal cistern for water storage supplied by one electric main water well at headquarters and backed up (tied together via 1.25”) by a second electric water well in middle of ranch. Also, there is a pump house with individual pressure pumps to help maintain great line water pressure throughout the property.
- There are four(4) 250 gal propane tanks at Headquarters
Pasture Improvements: -50' X 100' All - metal barn with 65’ x 100’ concrete slab having a 15' covered lean-to adjacent to the barn.
-Casita House - also known as Guide house, pier and beam structure, 2 bedroom - 2 bathroom
-Dog Kennels - located near Casita house and metal barn
- 50' X 200' Quonset Hut barn unassembled on property to convey
Property has 5 septic systems: Main House - 2, Hotel & Game Room share 1, Cleaning shed - 1, Casita - 1, and Dog Kennel - 1.
EQUIPMENT TO BE CONVEYED: - 30 ton overhead feed bin - Fuel tanks - 6 hunting blinds - 8-9 corn spin-cast-type feeders - 8 protein gravity feeders
WATER: Property has 7 ponds strategically scattered through-out, all fed by 1.25" water lines from electric water wells. There are 5 miles of 1.25" water lines buried within the property providing well water to all ponds.
Ranch has numerous water sources:
- One main electric at Headquarters.
- One main electric in hunting pasture tied together via water lines to main at headquarters.
- One hand-dug, shallow water well at barn area with electric submersible pump for cattle water to troughs.
- One windmill located on the southern end of property that has recently been reworked to feed a pond.
WILDLIFE: Improved mainframe white-tailed deer genetics. Big typicals are ranch-desired deer. 150+/- deer population ranging from 1-4 years of age.
- Nilgai: 35 - 40
- Red Rams: 4
- Black Buck: 100 +/-
- Axis: 100 +/-
- Mourning Dove - This property provides outstanding annual opportunities for your avid wing-shooter friends and guests.
- Bobwhite quail
- Rio Grande Turkeys
- Feral Hogs
Includes numerous other small game opportunities.
EASEMENTS: 30' easement that is totally high fenced out of property that exists on extreme west side along with a distribution power easement from Nueces Electric Co-op.
MINERALS: Surface sale only!
Shown by appointment only. Call J. Ryan Cummings at 361-296-4749 for more details.