La Bandera Ranch
Details for La Bandera Ranch
7322 CR 440
Alice, Texas 78332
Summary of La Bandera Ranch
This turnkey hunters paradise is a totally high fenced ranch consisting of only two pastures. Headquarters pasture is 100 +/- acres with a low fence and cattle guard to provide separation from the larger hunting pasture. This ranch property is in a much sought after area known for its mature mesquites and soils being primary sandy loam to clay. The property maintains an excellent improved genetics main frame white-tail deer herd supplemented with various breeds of exotics. Property has a year-round feeding program using corn and various types of protein. This ranch is well watered having 4 ponds scattered throughout the ranch to minimize wildlife and livestock from having any additional stress to find daily quality drinking water. Property has an "Existing" Ag Exemption for livestock; this property is NON-MLD. Additional acreage is available.
LOCATION: Located in southern Jim Wells county 7.8 miles west of Hwy 281 on FM 2295 and then Southwest on CR 440 near La Bandera, TX. Property is situated 12 miles due west of the Kleberg County Municipal Airport and 21 miles due west of Kingsville, TX.
Headquarters Improvements: AAll structures have Galvalume Metal Roofing & foamed walls.
- Main House - still under construction. (90 days to completion once resumed). 6600 sq ft - House plans attached in pictures.
- Office - main communications hub for entire headquarters campus 700 sq ft – wi-fi coverage of entire Headquarters campus from office. With detached 30’ x 22’ two car open air covered garage parking.
- Guest Hotel - Consists of four (4) individual 1 bedroom - 1 bathroom apartments. Each apartment has its own on demand water heater and AC unit. Hotel also has a laundry room.
- Game Room - Consists of full kitchen and 1/2 Bath. 2000 sq ft; multiple flat screen connections on walls, gathering place for entertaining guests.
- Outdoor covered entertainment area with firepit
- 50' X 30' Covered headquarters parking with 12" x 12" upright timbers. Also home to an enclosed ice machine.
- Cleaning shed with walk-in cooler, external stainless sink, and 1/2 bathroom
- 20,000 gal cistern for water storage supplied by one electric main water well at headquarters and backed up (tied together via 1.25”) second electric water well in middle of ranch. Also pump house with individual pressure pumps to help maintain great line water pressure throughout property.
- There are four(4) 250 gal propane tanks at Headquarters
Pasture Improvements: -50' X 100' All - metal barn with 65’ x 100’ concrete slab having a 15' covered lean too off barn.
-Casita House - also known as Guide house, pier and beam structure, 2 bedroom - 2 bathroom
-Dog Kennels - located near Casita house and metal barn
- 50' X 200' Quonset Hut barn unassembled on property to convey
Property has 5 septic systems: Main House - 2, Hotel & Game Room share 1, Cleaning shed - 1, Casita - 1, and Dog Kennel - 1.
WATER: Property has 4 ponds strategically scattered through-out property all feed by 1.25" water lines from electric water wells. There are 5 miles of 1.25" water lines buried within property providing well water to all ponds.
Ranch has numerous water sources on ranch:
- One main electric at Headquarters.
- One main electric in hunting pasture tied together via water lines to main at headquarters.
- One hand-dug, shallow water well at barn area with electric submersible pump for cattle water to troughs.
- One windmill located on the southern end of property that has recently been reworked to feed a pond.
TERRAIN/HABITAT: Rolling terrain that is primarily sandy loam and clay soils. The area the property is located in is well known for its farming and crop production capabilities due to the rich soils. Primarily large mesquites combined with local native brushes to include Granjeno, Ebony Trees and Huisache.
WILDLIFE: Improved mainframe white-tailed deer genetics. Big typicals are ranch-desired deer. Population ranging from 1-4 years of age.
Exotics Varieties: Nilgai, Red Rams, Black Buck, Axis
Avian Varieties: Mourning Dove - This property provides outstanding annual opportunities for your avid wing-shooter friends and guests! Also present are Bobwhite quail and Rio Grande Turkeys.
Varmint Varieties: Feral Hogs, Javelina, Badgers, Coyotes Includes numerous other small game opportunities.
EASEMENTS: 30' easement that is totally high fenced out of property that exists on extreme west side along with a distribution power easement from Nueces Electric Co-op.
MINERALS: Surface sale only!
Shown by appointment only. Call J. Ryan Cummings at 361-296-4749 for more details.